Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 March 2021

Colder.

A grey day after some night-time rain and getting colder.
The builder arrived promptly at 8.00. I'd woken earlier but fallen asleep so Peter went out, chatted and made the builder a cup of tea. The lads arrived later and today the garage has been finished off and the front of the house over the French doors been made weather tight. This consisted of putting wood over the supporting metal beam and filling in all the gaps with that foam stuff. We will be getting the render sorted, hopefully repaired but possibly a full re-do but not yet so for now the area has been covered with heavy duty polythene fixed with wooden batons. The lads also did more work on the new toilet window which looks a lot nicer than the other one as well as having the handle at the bottom.
Best news of the day - after several more attempts to book my vaccination and still only being offered vaccinations centres 50 miles away the post brought me a letter with an appointment for my vaccination in Aber this Friday afternoon. That's a relief.
First thing this morning I went out in the garden and filled up another bag with garden clippings. I had time to do a second bag in the afternoon but my back was twinging and I decided to be sensible and browse my pc instead. In between I went out for a beach walk as we needed milk from the shop. The sky was filled with ominous looking clouds and the sea had taken on a shade of green, possibly duck-egg blue or maybe even light avocado. (Depends if you are looking at a modern colour chart or a retro version.)
The Boss builder also called in this morning. I suspect he wanted to check we will be secure against the predicted stormy weather. He also investigated the problem slow drain that takes the water from the kitchen sink. Unfortunately as I had first suspected it's just a soak-away which would have been sufficient when it only took water from the roof gutter (the kitchen was an add-on maybe 50 years ago). It's just about adequate at the moment but the builder will put in a drain that runs to the main system. More expense.

 

No comments: