Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 17 March 2021

Sunny.

The day began grey, or more accurately with a silver sea against a silver sky and soon began to brighten up.
With no builders in the house we had a relaxed breakfast and then marched/puffed up the hill to the War Memorial. From there we had a good view of the village and all the building work going on. In particular there is a whole new house being built in the garden of one of the houses near us. That explains all the lorries and heavy vehicles going up our road. We didn't come straight back but diverted round the neighbouring roads to have a look at the houses and their gardens. 
Before going out to do some gardening I rang the local council to find out when I can take garden waste to the dump. I was very pleased to hear that it is possible to do so now even though it's not counted as 'essential'. I guess it's okay if I'm going shopping too. That sorted I bagged up the last of the clippings and dug up a couple more brambles which I'd found. There's one big clump right in the corner of the garden under a couple of bushes which is going to be a real struggle to remove. I also dismantled the fire pit as burning the twigs didn't work out. The garden at the time was in full sun and there was enough sun on the terrace later to make it worthwhile to sit out with a coffee.

The Boss builder came round and finished off the raised beds in the back garden. Now I can start filling them and even think about some planting. He and Peter had another look at the problem drain from the kitchen and it turns out that it had originally been emptying into a proper drain but our builder no 1 changed it with a new pipe leading to the soakaway. And it's not possible to connect back into the old pipe because that was cut when the plumber built the outside boiler and there isn't enough room to put a new pipe between the boiler and the wall. Problems, problems.

This afternoon I spotted these two chaps 'beach fishing'. To me it looked like they spent most of their time sitting in the sun and ruminating.
Half an hour ago there was a ring on the front doorbell and there was a delivery man with a lovely bouquet for me from Vytas. I was happy enough to have a long chat with him on Sunday but flowers are very welcome too.
Yesterday evening the wind had got up so when  we heard a loud bang I thought it was something large, maybe building materials being blown to the ground. I looked out from the terrace but didn't see anything or anyone else looking out and then I went to check the back garden but again nothing. It was only later on that I saw a post from the local coastguard saying they had blown up these two bits of ordnance at Ynyslas.


 


1 comment:

happyone said...

The flowers are beautiful. A nice thoughtful son is a blessing. :)