Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 20 March 2021

Grey.

Grey all day long today. By late afternoon it felt distinctly cold and clammy.
Yesterday evening after blogging I came across a post on the local FB page praising a food van currently parked in the High Street. As well as the usual fried offerings; chips, burgers and fish they also had lamb curry on the menu albeit with chips rather than rice. (Understandable as rice has the potential for food poisoning if reheated.) To support a local venture and for a change we decided to try the curry for our evening meal. As I walked down the road it felt like the village was coming to life again. With no wind it felt warm, there were a couple of groups of people standing around on the beach and there were more people out and about. Once I got it home the curry was very pleasant and I could see how if you had been surfing or just for a walk it would be a tasty meal eaten on the beach. There are three pubs and at least four other places you can eat in the village but only one, a pub which has a terrace, overlooks the beach. I think the majority of holiday makers would be staying at one of the large holiday parks which have their own eating places but it would be a real boost to the village if there were some places where people could eat overlooking the beach.
This morning Peter and I worked together to fill half of the remaining raised bed in the back garden. Peter loaded the concrete blocks on our trolley and wheeled them down the garden where I stacked them (very technical work you know) inside the bed. I finished off with more half bucket loads of rubble brought up from the front garden.
After a short break my intention was to start putting window film on the windows of my study as I'm not comfortable with people walking in the street being able to see in (the builders have taken down the plastic I had covering the windows.) However I could see that one of the window sills needs sanding and repainting so I held off with the window film. Instead I gave the windows an initial clean which was quite a job in itself with paint, plaster and some sort of grease smears on the frames and wood and plaster dust everywhere.
I finished off the afternoon with some weeding in the front garden and digging out another bush that had rooted down through a big pot.
 

No comments: