Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 March 2021

Sunny.

Contrary to the gloomy forecast for most of the day we've had bright blue skies and it's only now that it has begun to cloud over. Driving home from Aber the celandines in the verges shone like little suns as the sunlight bounced off their reflective petals.
With no builders due in today we had a more relaxed morning, no early morning leaping out of bed to unlock the back doors in case they turn up at 8.00 which occasionally happens but more often it's 8.30 or even 9.30 if they've had to go and pick up materials first.
After breakfast I loaded up the car with six bags of garden waste and drove to the dump. I had a longer wait today and the whole visit took over half an hour. It gets a bit frustrating when you're behind the barrier watching somebody unload their car one item at a time but once in it was great to get rid of those trimmings that had been sitting around in the garden for a few weeks. Just round the corner is Screwfix where I collected a tap I'd had on order and then a short drive to Morrisons. A spin round the reduced sections yielded some breaded mozzarella sticks, samosas and bahjis and I picked up some sauerkraut which I haven't found anywhere else. Then into Aber first to Tescos where I had the excitement of being able to browse the clothing section and bought myself black and white lycra leggings and matching top and a black light hoody with a fleecy lining, all half price of course. My final stop was Lidl's though I rushed off first to catch the bank before it closed (at 2.00 these days) to pay the scaffolders. I also called in at M&S to see if they had any curtains (nope) and check out one of their bedding range to see if I could use the fabric to make the curtains for my study. Possible but expensive. I've been trawling eBay for curtains and nearly found some suitable striped Laura Ashley curtains but they weren't wide enough for the big window which is 90" across. There are a number of options for the curtains for my study; I could use some of my saved curtains but most of them are very old and nothing is the right size though and none really hit the spot, or I could buy fabric to make new curtains but so far I haven't found anything exciting on-line and the final option would be to find some on eBay but finding the right width is proving almost impossible. 
By the time I got home and unloaded the shopping for Peter to unpack the afternoon was nearly over. A break relaxing at the pc with a cup of tea and then time for the evening routine of blogging, supper while watching the sun setting and then some tv before we head off to sleep.
 

No comments: