Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 21 March 2021

Sunny.

A bit on the chilly side this morning but look at the colour of the sky. 
It would have been a perfect day for a walk if yesterday's labours hadn't taken their toll on us. Nothing major, just some aches and pains but we need a couple of days rest before we complete the job.
Instead I looked for something less strenuous to do in the garden. The bits that need weeding were still in the shade but at the far end in the sun were the last few brambles lurking under a hydrangea. I'm not so sure that it was an easier option but I'm relieved to have dug up the last three brambles. Even crawling under the bushes I couldn't get to all the roots, breaking some and cutting others. I'll have to keep an eye out for any regrowth and either have another go at digging out the roots or spraying with chemicals.
And that's been my day. A bit of a panic on my part over the trade white paint they've used for the utility and my study which isn't as bright white as the white in the rest of the place. It's more noticeable in the sun, less so at other times so I think I'll have to live with it. On the plus side I had a hunt for the kitchen curtains (Laura Ashley white with blue and yellow sweet peas) and though I haven't found the curtains I did find more of the same fabric. It would be nice to chose something completely new but would that be the best option either environmentally or economically? Once I've sorted out all the curtains for this place I will be giving away the rest.

 

No comments: