Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 March 2021

Sunny.

Some sun today with a hint of warmth.
I took these two photos looking in two directions this morning, bright blue skies to the southwest with clouds gathering over the mountains to the northeast.
Meanwhile in the front garden the female blackbird was busy collecting dry grass for her nest.
We've had one builder here today fitting the new door to the utility. It's never easy fitting a new door and frame and it's taken all day. There's still more painting to be done on the frame so yet again it's 'one more day'. 
I try and time my beach walks with the low tide and today that meant being out in the middle of the day. 

Things seemed to come in two's during today's walk. I saw two dog walkers, two stranded barrel jellyfish, a lady filling two plastic sacks with churned up seaweed (for her garden I guess), two lads sitting on the shingle and chatting and I found a stone with two holes. Oh, and I saw two cormorants sitting on the rock island. (You can just see the head of the second one over on the right.)
To continue with the theme of 'two' in the afternoon Peter and I put up the first two sections of trellis in the back garden. Initially it was only going to be one to get the level and see what we would need but a second one wasn't much extra work. The panels only came in two sizes so now I'm thinking about how to fill in the gap underneath, use that expanding trellis or make some to match maybe? I suppose the raised beds could have gone up one block but that would have closed in the garden visually. It was nice and warm so I stayed out in the back garden chopping up and bagging the ivy stems that had been on a bit of old fence that I'd taken down. No stopping me now that I can take stuff to the dump. 

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

You're right getting doors installed right isn't an easy job.