Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 March 2021

Sunny.

Sun all the way today. The sea was calm and flat this morning but now the cold wind is flicking up small whitecaps as far as the eye can see.
Luckily it was warm enough this morning for the builders to bond the flexible cover  to the garage roof boards. They still need to fill in the gaps above the windows and door but hopefully they will be true to their word and turn up on Monday to do this. It's a shame that we doubt what we are told but we've been let down so many times by just about every builder here.
I've spent my day working in the front garden. First step was to go through the big pile of branches in the middle of the 'lawn' separating them into dry, green and small dry stems. That done I cut as many of the branches as I could into small pieces to make them easy to add to the fire. Then, using the concrete 'bricks' from the old bay window I built a fire pit to enclose a bonfire. Eventually after a break I built a small fire. I was so determined not to let any sparks go flying into the neighbours' gardens or houses that I topped the fire with too much green material making for a very smokey fire. That brought Peter out to inform me that I had filled the house with smoke and probably the neighbours' houses too. No more bonfire for today. No good me pointing out that the new neighbours four doors up had an enormous garden bonfire the other day. Instead I cut all the twigs in the third pile into even smaller pieces. I really need a day with no wind or the wind blowing out to sea.

 

No comments: