Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 March 2021

Sunny.

Bright and sunny today and not too cold.

You wait all winter to see a Red Kite and then three come along. I was on my way, via the beach, to collect Peter's prescription when I looked up and saw a Red Kite, then a second and finally as they swirled high up in a thermal a third. All this while I was still walking along the cliff.
One of the Kites made another appearance later on in the afternoon but though I watched it from the terrace it was too high to try and get a good photo.
The next thing of note, again I hadn't quite made it on to the beach, were three intrepid swimmers disrobing on the beach. I was still busy taking photos of the Red Kites but two other passing ladies were standing up on the road behind me and observing the swimmers. That's how I know that the slimmest build chap didn't even make it up to his shoulders before heading out of the water. His two companions didn't spend long in the water and were already on their way back as I walked down to the waves. No wonder as they were in swimming costumes not wet suits. Once I ran out of sand to walk on I climbed up the shingle and cut through one of the little passageways to the pharmacy. On my way home I called in at the shop to stock up on tea bags and sugar as we are getting through a lot with the builders here. I usually buy a Welsh brand of tea which Peter says is very nice but I balked at paying the price in our local shop. In Lidl it's 95p, Morrisons £1.25 and here £2.15. It just makes me cross to be paying more than double especially as I'll probably need to go into town next week. Instead I bought the cheaper Co-Op tea bags in case we run out before then. I drink very weak Earl Grey but I'm getting proficient at making strong builders' tea. 
The builders were here this morning, first three and then two as they're working on another nearby property. Then the two lads went off for a while and returned in the afternoon. Today they tidied up around the new window and plasterboarded the toilet and have spent most of the time getting the garage roof ready for the 'stuff' which is going on tomorrow. The junior worker managed to step on an old nail which went through his trainer and into his foot (should really be wearing safety boots on building sites). I gave his foot a wipe with Dettol and water and stuck a plaster on it and we got the lad to check when he'd last had a tetanus injection. His doctor advised him to go to A&E to have it looked at which he'll do after work. 
Before that happened I did some work out in the back garden. I cut down an old fence panel covered in ivy and then sawed off most of the remaining ivy from that wall. A couple of the stems were almost the size of my arm! All that's left is to dig out the roots or maybe kill them off with stump killer.
We got all excited this afternoon when we saw a patch of sunlight on the terrace. Being north facing it isn't going to be the sunniest spot but I think the view makes up for it and we can always go down to the garden to catch the sun.

 

No comments: