Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 22 March 2021

Grey.

It has been grey all day with not enough sun to call either the sea or the sky silver. The damp air had quite a chill which remained for the whole day. 
We looked out of the window this morning and saw Speedy on the roof of the house two doors away. I wasn't keen on him being up so high so I whistled him home. To reinforce his homing response I rewarded him with a few cat treats. Later in the day he walked across a windowsill before the paint had dried , oops.
I had some cards to post and a prescription to collect so after breakfast I headed off for a beach walk calling in at the Post Office and the pharmacy on the way.

There was a lot of seaweed washed up on the shore, the piles of shredded seaweed an indicator of the strength of the waves over the sea bed. I came across more shark egg cases and another of the barrel jellyfish but nothing too exciting..

We've had two builders in today painting away in the back rooms. I got very excited when the colour started going on the toilet walls but then it began to strike me as being more blue than I was expecting. With the first coat on and the builder taking a break I checked their colour chart I had chosen the colour from. Sure enough the shade I'd chosen was much greyer than the paint going on the walls. After a consultation with the builder it looked as if the store had messed up mixing the colour which looked suspiciously like the colour immediately below on the colour card. Back the builder went to the store, got the right paint and now it looks much better.
I didn't insist on repainting the walls in my study so now it's done barring a radiator and the door handles being put back on. Thankfully we have the original solid wood doors which are fine freshened up with a coat of white paint and the old silver bar-type handles are perfectly acceptable.
That wall you can see through the window is on the other side of the road which doesn't have any pavement meaning everyone has to walk on the pavement on our side which is less than 3ft away which is why putting window film up will be my first job.
In the afternoon I went out in the front garden for some gentle weeding. It feels quite private tucked away behind the hedge though I do hear snippets of conversations from outside. One lady was very excited to see the children returning from school after such a long time of the schools being closed for most children. Let's hope that things return to normal soon.
 

No comments: