Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 March 2021

Misty.

The day began quite hazy with even the mountains obscured by the mist. This then lifted slightly as we watched a trawler going back and forth across the bay but then it all turned grey. 
Then greyer still and eventually it began to rain. Just our luck when the garage is currently roofless though I think it did spur the builders on. The rain eased off and apart from making cups of tea I've been keeping out of the builders' way but I can see they've got the new rafters up.
Yesterday evening I couldn't get to sleep with stressing over the work in the utility room. I'd said I was happy with having mis-matched doors on the base units (different shades of white and 1cm size difference) but in the end I decided that it wouldn't do. This morning the carpenter lad was quite happy to swap the doors around and if the kick board under the units is put flush with the doors it will hide the size difference. Also I was concerned with the way the wall cupboard was fixed to the wall but today Peter assured me he'd given the lad the umbrella type fittings for plasterboard to put the cupboard up. I also had some concerns about the building of the doors for the slim cupboard hiding some pipes but that too is now all sorted. I do think stressing about all those issues has left me very tired today. I've spent the day in the living room/kitchen and as well as the usual screech of electric tools at one point there was the sound of splintering wood and muttered expletives but I refrained from going to see what had happened. We've got to the end of the day and all is looking good.
This morning I had a 15 minute session on the exercise bike when I got to admire our improved view and later on as I sat in the armchair I was wowed by the great expanse of sky. Unfortunately we didn't have a sunset last night, it just went dark, so we've got that to look forward to.
 

No comments: