Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 March 2021

Sunny.

Crisp and sunny today. Looking out of the kitchen window we could see frost on the cars and flat roof next door. That didn't seem to deter the three swimmers I saw in the water at 9.00.
The place has been a veritable building site today.
This is how the bay window looked this morning. The boss and his pal came early and spent the day taking down the structure. I had to reassure him several times that I wanted to keep all the blocks and bricks to part fill the raised beds going in the front garden. They've stacked all the blocks neatly on the paving below but will take the loose bits of rubble away. If I wasn't keeping the blocks I'd only have to pay for a lorry load of gravel or ask around the builders for hardcore.
This is how it looks right now. The view is amazing and the whole room is so much lighter. My camera can't cope with showing the view and the room as they look to the eye at the same time so you'll have to combine the two photos to get an idea of what it's like.

The view from the dining area. Can't wait for tonight's sunset.
The builder left the raised slab for the time being but once the more important work has been done on the house we'll get the floor done and replace the railings with glass panels. I also got the builders to carry the garden table from the back of the house where it has been propped up on its side blocking the passageway. They carried it down the passageway which involved them lifting it up over our outside boiler which is why I got them to do it. 
This hadn't been the only work going on hence the street outside being filled with three large vans/trucks and two equally large trailers. One lad has been working in the utility room while yet another team has been removing the garage roof which is currently in the second trailer. With all the work going on came lots of noise of drills, circular saws and radios. Luckily I needed to go to Aber to pay a bill at the bank and do some shopping which got me out of the house for a while. I'm using the country road again now that the risk of black ice in the day is over. I do know that the gritters were out in the local mountain roads last night. Spring is definitely on the way and there were cheerful clumps of snowdrops and daffodils planted in the verges all along the Clarach road. One home had a whole bank of the miniature narcissi planted in the verge at the edge of their land.
Town was almost deserted, not surprising with most shops closed. It was warm and sunny so I took off my facemask walking along the street and only remembered to put it on when the shop assistant in Poundland offered me a free mask as I walked in. I did need a couple of things in there but it shows how boring shopping is these days when I end up browsing the aisles in Poundland and that's with half the aisles closed off.


I saw this the other day on FB and thought it was interesting how meanings can be so different. The only definition I would disagree with is the 'You must come for dinner.' which I would take at face value.
 

No comments: