Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 March 2021

Dry.

The day began with silver seas and a misty view. Eventually the clouds moved off to settle on the tops of the hills giving a dark grey view from the kitchen window and blue skies over the sea. Driving into Aber I could see the cloud layer sitting down on top of the surrounding hills. Driving home on the Clarach road it was all quite gloomy until I crested the hill above Borth. As if a searchlight was shining down the coast and whole of the river valley were lit up with golden sunlight.
I'd gone into Aber with four bags of garden cuttings bound for the dump aka Civic Amenity Site. I didn't bother with the satnav as it could only get me to the industrial estate and I knew how to get there anyway. Instead I went old school using my common sense and a few lines jotted on an envelope after looking at the map on-line. There were only six cars waiting in front of me and including waiting time the whole visit took 25 minutes. The 'dump' is similar to the ones in North Devon, about the same size as the one in Ilfracombe and I have to say much cleaner. Two more visits and I'll have got rid of the current garden waste.
That job done I drove into town, parked at Lidl, went to the bank to pay the builder and did some shopping at Lidl.
Back home I began putting the old blocks into one of the raised beds in the back garden. I think I'll be sensible and take up the builder's suggestion of having one of his lads to work as a labourer for a day. That will get the job done in a day and save my back.
Last night's sunset. As time goes by the sun sets further over to the right so that eventually we'll be able to see it from inside rather than having to stand on the corner of the terrace. 

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Lovely sunset!!