Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 March 2021

Getting There.

We had a bright and sunny morning with increasing cloud giving us a grey afternoon.
The indoor team, all four of them, have been here all day. All the floors are done, the grouting finished in the toilet and the walls in the toilet given their first coat of paint. 
Still to do is lots of plumbing; sink and washing machine in the utility room, toilet and sink in the toilet and radiators in all three rooms. Woodwork needs painting, blue walls in the toilet, door for the utility and a few electrical bits. Did I say 'getting there'? Soon I hope. They won't be back for a few days as they need to fix some roofs that were damaged by the recent strong winds.
They also put up the curtain poles in my study and the sitting room. After they left I hoovered all of 'our' part of the house but I think I'll give the floors a wash tomorrow before I start putting up the sitting room curtains. I'm hoping there's enough in the hems to let them down to fit. A fellow blogger described deciding if her new floor length curtains should be floating, kissing or puddling. I only hope I have enough for ours at least to float.
While the sun shone I worked out in the front garden which gets sun over the whole of the lawn area now. Two more bags filled and possibly another two will see all the twigs etc cleared up. In the afternoon I had a photo organising session after I'd failed to find a photo showing an early stage of my study as the builder wanted to know how the radiator pipes ran. When I finally unpack and find my 2020 photo diary I'll be able to go back and record each day's photos. For today I just went through all the files, copied any progress photos and put them into the individual room/area files I keep. Maybe not vital work but it gave me a sense of purpose and at the end it was satisfying to flick through and see how different parts of the house have progressed since we bought the place. While I sat at my pc I could hear the banter between the young builders which made me smile. I have to say it is heartening to find an established builder prepared to train up youngsters. If they stick at it they will be assured of a trade that is always in demand.
I was up early this morning and even before breakfast I'd washed the outside of the sitting room and dining room windows. For fun I checked how long it took me and it was a whole 11 minutes. That included some extra rubbing where some naughty seagulls had plopped down the glass. Window cleaning was never too high on my agenda but here the salt soon builds up and spoils our wonderful view so I'm glad I've found such a quick and easy method.
 

No comments: