Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 29 March 2021

Grey

Another grey, warmish day.
It was a bit of a shock waking up to the alarm at 7.30 (or as my body thought 6.30) and being up by 8.00. The builders turned up later, three of them today to finish off all the small bits in the back rooms. That has been done including putting up the pulleys for the overhead clothes airer in the utility room. I did notice yet another problem with the actual toilet, the seat wasn't fitted square on to the cistern. I'd seen straight away that the joining section was at a distinct angle making the off centre toilet (unavoidable because of the way the original waste pipe had been installed) even more over to one side. Luckily this model of toilet isn't screwed to the floor, just siliconed down so apart from the stress of 'Oh no, now I've got to tell the builder it's not acceptable' it was easily fixed. But yes, I did stand over the builder as he did it. 
I was extra tired this morning due to being woken up at 3.45 this morning by what I was sure was another explosion. I got up and had a look out of the sitting room window but there was nothing to be seen. I even put out a query on the local FB page this morning but no one else heard anything. It must have been an extra loud snore from Peter or possibly noise from the waves hitting the cliffs. 
While the builders were working in the back rooms I couldn't begin moving anything into my study. Instead I took the last tub of orchids outside to spray and clean off the woolly aphids. They haven't liked being above the radiators in our bedroom and the sooner I can move them into my study the better. 
Bluebells in the front garden.
My other extra job was to wipe down the slats of the trundle bed with bleach. I'd already washed the beds down but the bare wood slats of one of the beds initially had some mould on after being stored here for a year and the bleach was to make doubly sure they were clean.
Speedy is very happy with the clocks going forward as he gets his dinner an hour earlier (I've just fed him.) Much joy on the radio as England eases lockdown too but the scientists are warning that we shouldn't get too excited as although the death rate has dropped dramatically infection rates are not dropping as much as was expected.
 

1 comment:

crafty cat corner said...

Hi, I've just found you through Sooze. You live in a wonderful part of the land there in Wales. I'd love to live in a more rural setting but no chance of that now.
Briony
x