Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 11 March 2021

Wild.

Strong winds have been blowing all day creating such spectacular waves it's been hard to tear ourselves away from the windows.
Above was the view at around 9.00 and then an hour later the sun had broken through lighting up the tops of the waves as far as the eye could see.
I needed to use the banking facilities at the Post Office counter in the shop so went out for my walk straight after breakfast wrapped up well against the strong winds. 
Look carefully and you should be able to spot two surfers in the centre of the photo above. I don't think conditions were ideal as they didn't stay out for too long.
Coming down on to the beach I averted my eyes as a man changed into his swimming trunks. When I stopped to take photos I saw that his dog had very sensibly chosen to sit on his clothing. By the time I'd gone past the slipway and looked back again there was no sign of the swimmer and his dog. I guess it was a very short dip.


The builders have been here all day making a lot of noise with their drills, sanders and nail gun. Plenty of dust too so this evening I've hoovered everywhere I can reach. Work has continued in the utility, skirting boards and shelving and replacement of the uneven floor tiles. Plus the wall and floor tiles have been put up/down in the toilet. I tried to keep an eye on how things were going but still nearly had a heart attack at lunch time when I saw how uneven some of the wall tiles were. Luckily they were on slow setting adhesive and under my eagle eye the builder got them into reasonable order. The floor tiles look good and there are two extra which I shall store carefully in case of accidental damage. Will post a photo once the grouting has been done. There's a bit of a Victorian vibe going on in the toilet and I'll look out for a Victorian style knob for the new sink cupboard. 



 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I could watch waves all day too. Something mesmerizing about them.