Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 March 2021

Vaccination Day.

Stormy seas, grey skies and a lot of rain in the afternoon.
At last, I had my first dose of the Astra-Zeneca vaccine.  A few weeks and we'll be both more or less protected. My appointment was for 3.00 at a uni library on the other side of Aber. Looking at the map I had a fair idea of where to go but I took the SatNav as well as drawing a rough map. Not wanting to run the risk of being late I gave myself plenty of time and then a bit more. Even though the SatNav took me first to the nearby industrial estate (I pressed the wrong un-named road destination) I was able to back track and then follow the signs and use my recall which still got me there half an hour early. I was going to wait in the car but then had the sense to check with the 'guide person' who told me to go straight on in. It was a very smooth process moving from one floor spot to a desk to answer questions then back to a floor spot and eventually (a few minutes later) a nurse took me to a cubicle and gave me a painless jab. I was told to wait 15 minutes before driving off but I have to admit that it was a bit less than that. I was on a high, not only from getting the vaccination but OH JOY!! I found the three missing bedroom curtains in a plastic bag on the floor behind the driver's seat in the car. With such a lot of our stuff still not unpacked I was hoping that they would eventually turn up but had a horrible feeling that they might have been left behind in the rush to get away. After all we left the curtains in the other two bedrooms as they had been left by the last owners. I'd made our  bedroom curtains for Dingles and had stipulated a particular make of paint for the bedroom here so that it would match the curtains. It would have been an expensive mistake if I'd left those curtains behind and had to buy new fabric or curtains.
Lots of builders here today both inside and out. The grouting in the toilet is being finished as I type, laminate flooring is going down and outside the footings for the raised beds in the back garden have been dug and a last section of fence by the garage has been built to keep the neighbours' dogs in their garden.
After my jab I swung by Morrisons to do some shopping, mainly treats including oat cakes for Peter to freeze, olives and bahjis too though I messed up and picked up Morrison's steak and ale pies instead of Pukka pies which are Peter's favourites.  It's Mothering Sunday this weekend and there was a well planned display of  lovely bouquets and bottles of Bailey's for anybody who didn't know what to get their mum. I treated myself to an individual Banoffee pie more like a tart, as a reward for being so brave (ha ha) or in case the vaccination makes me feel unwell. There were long queues at Morrisons with people doing their weekend shopping but undeterred I called in at Lidl as well and somehow a couple of chocolate filled doughnuts found their way into my trolley for the weekend. 
It's nearly 6.30 and the builders are still here, almost finished and about to start clearing up as they want to get the hall done before they go.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I've decided not to get the vaccine because I don't do well with medicine!!