Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 8 February 2012

-6C.

We were back to low temperatures this morning and this evening it was -5C. It was such a lovely bright day that I couldn't bear to be stuck indoors so first I split another load of logs which got me nice and warm. Everywhere was too frozen to do any weeding but I was able to clear up the fallen leaves on the paving around the scree garden. The cold became my helper there as a lot of the leaves were frozen together and it was easy to pick them up.
Much as I would have liked to remain working in the garden paid work beckoned and I had to make my way to school for the Wednesday lunch-time staff meeting and an afternoon of teaching a Year 2 class. We had a long dance lesson in the hall and have finally started on our dance for the Dance Festival. I'm using the first track from War of The Worlds by Jeff Wayne which fits in well with the Space topic the children are doing. So far we have only learnt 1.45 mins of my choreography as I am hoping to use some of the children's own ideas for the dance moves. Some of them keep using Saturday Night Fever disco moves, (X-box ?), which don't fit either robots or wavy aliens so I had to reject those. One of the children did ask me if it was real so we had a talk about Jules Verne. He had an amazing imagination especially when you think that he wrote the book over 100 years ago when there was no TV, computers, radio telescopes or space travel.


On my way home the sun was a great golden globe in my mirror turning farmhouse windows and road signs orange. I stopped just after turning off the main road and was able to capture a few photos before it sank below a cloud bank. There are telegraph poles along that bit of road and there were 2 buzzards sitting on the first 2 and then a third on a pole where I parked. That one flew off and I saw it a bit later at the side of the road. Naturally it took off and flew away before I could aim my camera which I had ready on the seat next to me.



No comments: