Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Sea Mist.


The conditions were mild, grey and damp this morning as drove to school for a full day's work and it seemed to stay overcast for the whole day. It was only as I was driving home that I saw any variation in the sky. When I stopped to take some photos I realised that there was a heavy bank of sea mist coming right up the estuary and blanketing the whole town.


Just before I turned into the top of our drive I stopped to talk to our neighbour Sarah. She had 2 children out riding on lead reins and I was taken aback for a moment when I saw that one of them was a girl I had in my class last year who I know to be a capable rider. Then Sarah pointed out who she was riding. It was Persy, one of the Dartmoor pony foals that was born here in 2008 and this was the first time Persy had been ridden out on the road. Sarah is a very gentle person and I'm sure that Persy will take to being ridden in a calm fashion. She has been used to being around people and being handled since the day she was born and Dartmoor ponies are known for their good temperaments.

No comments: