Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Rain Sets In.

I had the morning at home but even though I started with more gardening I only had an hour before the rain set in and it became too wet to stay outside. Still, even an hour is good. Instead I was forced to do some housework and I gave our bathroom a good clean up. Wednesdays we have a lunchtime staff meeting so I have to leave home a little earlier than usual. Today all the staff were asked to be there so we could be told the new classes & teaching assistants for September (the new school year). I teach several different classes each week so it doesn't affect me but I'm sure I would find it hard to be teaching one year group for years and then suddenly be moved to a new year group.

Coming home the rain was even worse and by the time I got to the top of the drive I could hardly see across to the other side of the field. Some parts of the country have had so little rainfall this winter that an official drought has been declared as rivers and reservoirs drop to low levels.

PS. This morning the country road was so wet that a couple of wild ducks were splashing in the puddles but they flew off quickly unlike the fat town duck.

No comments: