Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 5 February 2012

Warm Again.

The news is full of the disruption by most of the country being covered with a blanket of snow, (bear in mind that in the UK 10-15cm = heavy snow.) But down in the west we are under a warm front and today has been a balmy +4C. I was able to spend the afternoon out weeding in the garden. A brave primrose was flowering in the stone wall,
while under the trees the bright green leaves of more primroses speak of a carpet of yellow flowers later in the spring. It was so good to be out tackling the weeds. The rocky part of the hillside looks a bit bare and trampled but hopefully most of the weeds are gone. Hardest was removing 2 species of grass from among the garden lilies which have very similar leaves. Then there was an epic battle against a bracken plant growing in the rocks. I thought I had removed the woody crown when I discovered the main crown growing deep in the rocks. Much hacking, heaving and pulling as well as bashed hands before I got it all out together with about half a bucket of roots.


It's the same view again but the sky was pretty though there look to be rain clouds blowing in. The local forecast is for rain and fog but not ice while the rest of the country remains under a weather warning. Time once more for a wood fire and Dancing on Ice.

I've been enjoying watching The Killing II, 8 episodes watched & 2 to go. I have to say that Danish sounds very mumbly to me (apologies to any Danish speakers), so it is hard to pick out many words though some are uncannily English in pronunciation.




No comments: