Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Back Again.

Yesterday's lack of post was down to my PC suddenly acting weirdly on Monday night. It went on a total go slow refusing to do anything I asked so in the end fearing a Trojan or similar nasty I had to pull the plug out of the wall because it wouldn't close down. Peter gave it a thorough check last night (so useful being married to an IT systems analyst), and he thinks it is just one of the parts of my PC playing up as there was no virus and no untoward processes running. Phew!

At times I felt at a bit of a loss being disconnected from the web but I did spend a lot of time in town yesterday. First I had an appointment with the physiotherapist, his really deep massage of my upper spine felt so good and then I went in to do some shopping. I managed to get 3 hours free parking by first parking in a local road where you can stay for an hour, that gave me time to get to the library and visit the shops at one end of the High st. Then I drove to the other side of town as I needed to go to BJ's where I parked in the Lidl's car park. (2 free hours.) A quick walk over the bridge, dropped 2 frame rucksacks into a charity shop and then some browsing in the shops. I bought 2 more vest t-shirts, a black one in sale and a blue one in a charity shop. (Peter doesn't understand there there are subtle but important differences between all the black vests I own.) I bought lots of other little things that we/I needed including a globe bird feeder to put seeds in. The first feeder I tried let too many seeds fall out when the birds were feeding and was empty in a couple of days. I also bought a camping cooker and some gas canisters for the grand camping trip. I did get some gardening done in the afternoon as well so I didn't miss my PC too much.

Today the weather has been a bit more dramatic. Warm but very windy with the occasional spot of sunshine. I spent the whole day working in the garden and now the heather banks are thoroughly weeded. When I came back from having lunch the frogs were all out croaking away in the pond but my presence sent them under the lily pads. So with me interrupting their froggy antics and both Elwen and Patch slurping up the frogspawn, the frogs were not having a good day.
I have also been messing about with a few thrifty projects. I've had this knitted mohair mix neck warmer/snood for a while. I didn't knit it myself and I'm not sure where it came from, possibly a jumble sale where I was helping out.


Recently I have been wearing it as a soft indoor hat which looked daft but was cosy. So I made a couple of pom-poms and threaded them through one end so that I can pull them tight or open them up to still wear it as a neck warmer, and crocheted a border at the other end.

And now I look like a hippy eco-warrior but I don't care because it is just what I need in these slightly colder days.


Yesterday my shopping consisted of a lot of checking out anything that was still in sale. Sales seem to be a permanent feature these days. I bought this necklace, was £10 reduced to £1. Not my style but I loved the beads.


It was a very easy job to remake them into a pair of long dangly earrings and there are still beads to spare.


It's good when a project turns out right, sometimes they don't or get left to one side. I'm not into following current fashion, but I have my own style and I love to make one thing out of another.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I love the first picture and think it would make a great picture to frame and hang on the wall!!

I could use one of those neck warmers on some of these bitter cold mornings.

Ruta M. said...

Thank you, it's the view I have when I'm sitting at my PC. We do get some dramatic light there though we are a little low in the valley to get good sunsets. But we are lucky enough to get sunrise and some sunset from our bedroom windows.