Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 9 February 2012

Is Snow On Its Way?

It felt rather silly to be wrapping my car up and leaving it out on the road this evening when the temperature was not even 0C but there is a strong chance that the weather will get much worse tonight. The sky certainly looks like a snow sky so if the temperature drops by 2C we could be in for some snow. Metcheck has a red weather warning up with sleet & snow predicted for all night turning to snow tomorrow morning and continuing to snow all day. I have to be off early in the morning so I don't want to get up there to find that snow has blown across the fields into snow drifts on the road making the 100 yds from the usual gateway parking spot out to the road impossible for my little car.
Walking down the hill I saw that Paul has been thinning the trees on his boundary. I don't have to worry that he will chop them all down, as farmers round here tend to do, because he likes to keep trees around his fields. He has a wood burner in his house so no chance of free wood for us.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We got a light dusting of snow late yesterday and over night. I'm lucky if we ever do get snow and the roads are bad I don't HAVE to go anywhere.