Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 10 February 2012

No Snow.

After all the dire warnings all it did rain the whole night through. Things would have been very different if it had been 1 or 2 degrees colder. The child in me would have loved to have woken to a blanket of snow but the sensible adult was grateful that travel on the roads was safe. There is snow in the rest of the country and right up to East Devon but just cold rain here. My car did get flicked with salt as a gritter passed me on the way home. I'm now on our half-term holiday for the next 10 days so if it does get cold I can hide under the duvet.


I've been at school all day but the heater was a bit erratic and the classroom (hut) wasn't always that warm. I felt the teaching went well today as we went back and consolidated some of the work started yesterday and finished things off properly instead of a mad rush to get the next task started. I had to stay later than I was expecting to wait with a child whose mother didn't come to pick up her child even though everyone had been informed that there was no gymnastics club. Now I'm back home, wrapped up in fleece clothing and looking forward to a week of gardening and possibly sleeping.

No comments: