Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Traffic Hold Up.

Yesterday it was ducks, today geese. I was driving home through Burridge, a collection of 10 houses along one side of the road about a mile out of town, when my way was blocked by 2 fat farmyard geese, one white and one brown, waddling along the road. I didn't want to scare them onto the other side of the road which has a few bends in it at that point. Most people drive much faster than the 30mph limit there so we might have had squashed goose or someone swerving into me in panic. Instead I wound down my window and calling encouraging come along goose noises I slowly herded them up to a point where there was an opening in the hedge and they could get back into the field.

It is getting warmer but it is still very grey everywhere. I had an early appointment with the physiotherapist who suggested that I had done far too much gardening for the current state of my neck. 'Half an hour to an hour with a good break', was his gentle admonition, not several hours at a time! After a tough massage to loosen up my neck bones I went into town. I had several parcels to post but instead of going to the main Post Office in town which is always crowded, slow and smelly I drove out to the other side of town to one of the few local Post Offices left. There I had free parking, when I walked in I was the only customer and had a pleasant conversation with both of the counter staff while one of them weighed and stamped my parcels. After that it was back into town to meet up with 2 friends for coffee and cheesecake at our favourite place. They have started a card scheme there where they stamp a little card each time you buy a coffee or a cheesecake and when you have had 6 of either you then get a 7th free. While I was in town I had to hand in my camera once again because a speck of fluff has appeared inside the lens. The manager said if it was his he would unscrew the lens and clean it out but as I have it under warranty it has to be sent away and won't be back for a few weeks. Until then I shall have to use my baby Nikon for my daily snaps. The first Rosemary flowers, 6 days ago.

Back home there was a second egg. Considering how much corn those hens have eaten over the winter they work out to be very expensive eggs.

No comments: