Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 February 2012

Peter Pan.

We had a crisp and sunny morning with the thermometer reading -5C. A stint of hoovering warmed me up nicely and then I worked outside, bringing down logs, splitting them and stacking them by the wood burner ready for a cosy week-end. I even swept up all the leaves in the front yard, those that weren't stuck in ice. The air has been so dry that there is very little ice about. The pile of snow that fell off the car on Monday morning is still there so I guess the temperature hasn't risen above freezing. Over to the east the snowy hills of Exmoor were shining in the sunlight.
I had a very easy afternoon in school as most of the time was taken up with a performance of Peter Pan by a theatre group. The children enjoyed it and joined in with the various current pop songs that were part of the performance. Towards the end I realised that I was the only teacher in the hall, everyone else had sent their TAs or teaching students in with the children, so it fell to me to say the official thank-you and lead the 3 cheers as well as seeing everyone out of the hall.
It looks as if it is going to be another cold but dry night so I've brought the car down.

No comments: