Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 25 February 2012

Sunshine.

The sun came out today and very welcome it was too. Last autumn I planted up a couple of the hanging baskets with some narcissi that had been in a big tub and now they are providing a cheery splash of colour by the front door.
I was even lucky enough to have the sun shinning on the part of the garden where I was working.


The brown strip, to the left of the pond, is the patch of the wild flower meadow I cleared yesterday. Today I was able to clear the rest of it, right back to the high bank. That's another job I can tick off my mental list. I disturbed a few frogs sheltering in the wet undergrowth but there is still plenty of foliage for them to hide under.

Having completed my gardening I was putting away my tools when I heard the hated sound of the hunt down in Paul's valley. By the time I had made myself a cup of tea it had all gone quiet but just as I started to read my book the noise of the dogs and horns started up again. It makes me too cross so I abandoned my relaxing moment sitting out in the sunshine and came indoors instead.

No comments: