Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 13 February 2012

A Weeding Day.

The same sort of weather again today, grey and threatening to rain. I spent the afternoon out in the garden weeding one of the heather beds. It's now had a thorough tidy up and I even managed to remove some of the more stubborn weeds, mainly brambles and bracken, which had eluded me last year. The hillside is now beginning to resemble a garden, albeit an untidy one, more than an overgrown bank with a few bushes poking out. I also removed all the blanket weed that was growing in the rill at the bottom of the rocky bank and at the same time did a general weeding so that is one more area done.



In case anyone was wondering what the anemones we were looking for yesterday are like here are some of them.



These are the Gem anemones (I think). They are quite inconspicuous almost looking like part of the rock.
I took photos of all the specimens that we found and it wasn't until I looked at the photos that I saw some of them did have their tentacles out, like this one.


This Strawberry anemone was on the side of a rock and was one of the biggest anemones I have seen. It must be enormous when the tentacles are extended.

No comments: