Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Still Cold.

The outside temperature as I left the house at 7.15 this morning was a chilly -4C though it didn't feel so cold in the shelter of the house. But it did feel rather invigorating when I climbed the hill. Everywhere was very dry so the roads were fine to drive on and it was the same coming home. I've taken a chance this evening and driven down to the house as tomorrow I'm not going to work until mid-day. I had a good day at school. The teacher of that class is always completely organised so I only have to follow her plans. It varies from teacher to teacher and sometimes I enjoy being responsible for the whole lesson plan but for maths I would need to have a good idea of which level each child or group is at to prepare an effective lesson. Coming home there was not a cloud in the sky and the afternoon sun was giving everything a golden glow. Stepping out of the car to take photos made me realise that it was still very cold.
The roads were dry but any puddles were frozen over.


Out in the distance there looked to be more snow than yesterday on the Exmoor hills.


Coming home the house was pretty cold (outside it was -2C) and in our bedroom, even though I had left the electric radiator on all day, it was only 10C (50F). I know that Peter will not be happy with that as it affects his arthritis so I've dragged a bigger radiator in and hopefully the room will be a bit warmer by the time he gets home. The kitchen is sheltered from the wind and is kept reasonable by the Rayburn which is on (and burning oil) all the time.

No comments: