Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 February 2012

More Sun.

It was another lovely morning. So nice that when we went out for our walk I wore shorts and had bare arms. As long as my back is warm and my ears protected from the wind, which was the case today I am happy. Last week I got a bit too hot on the final hike back up the slope but today was just perfect. It felt like a spring day and we passed a number of young couples out having picnics in the sunshine. Ah to be young again! However we enjoyed our cup of coffee sitting right out at the Point and watching the sun on the waves. Still no sign of seals. This is the time of year they have their pups so perhaps they are in more secluded places. We watched a coastguard helicopter hovering over a container ship going up the channel but didn't see anyone being winched up or down.
On our way home it started to cloud over so we were pleased that we had manged to catch the sun. Out in the garden I gave the santolina bushes their annual trim. They now look like brown hedgehogs sitting on top of the stone wall by the house but they will soon be covered with silver blue foliage. Great plants which need minimal work. As I've been working round the garden I've been thinking how low maintenance the garden is and on the whole it is not too bad. It would be nice not to have so much to do but then I do like the garden. Hopefully if I can keep on top of all the weeding through the year and with my reduced teaching hours it shouldn't be such hard work next year. I keep thinking about what the ideal size/kind of garden would be for our next home but I know I would find it difficult to be closed in by other people's fences. We'll just have to win the lottery and then I could have someone else do the work.

No comments: