Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 17 February 2012

Still Weeding.

The day started grey and mistily damp, almost a fine drizzle. By the time I had my breakfast, checked emails etc and solved an online jigsaw it was at least dry. By the end of a day of digging up roots the weeding is almost done. It's too early in the year to clear last year's foliage so there may well be weeds still lurking but the garden looks so much better. I almost can't wait until I can get the mower out, at least for the first time. I do have the very top of the bank still left to do but that almost counts as a separate project because the soil is so full of weed roots. I shall have to dig up the London Pride that is growing there and then replant it when I have cleared the ground. I may have to do the same with some of the Golden Marjoram which has a fine grass growing through it. It wasn't until the end of the day when I was taking my tea break that some blue sky began to appear. The forecast is for colder weather to come in tomorrow. It has been very handy having this mild spell during the half-term holiday giving me the chance to spend so much time outside.
As I bent down to turn on my PC I glanced out of the window to see the sky on fire. I grabbed my camera to take some photos and 5 mins later the sunset had faded to a dull pink.



2 comments:

happyone said...

Which on line puzzles do you do?

Ruta M. said...

Thanks to your link some time back I'm keeping myself busy with Jigidi.
Hey I've got a word verification now.