Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 April 2012

April Showers.

It has been a day of sunshine and April showers. I woke this morning to sun streaming through the window and over the field was a bright rainbow. (It had started to fade by the time I grabbed my camera and ran outside.)

In the morning I met a friend in town for coffee and cheesecake and a good chat. I also bought the magnolia paint I needed for the bedroom walls. Being the time of year when everyone has the urge to decorate there are all sorts of offers and B&Q were selling all paints on a 3 for 2 offer. So I took a chance and grabbed 2 more containers of paint for the spare bedrooms I intend to decorate next. When I got home I found I had managed to match the colours almost exactly.

I hung the second bathroom curtain up on the main washing line then snatched it back in again when we had a small shower. It has now been ironed almost dry and is finishing off over the rayburn. Then I spread out dust sheets in our bedroom and painted 1 wall and some extra bits. I couldn't carry on because I need the small paint spots on the dust sheets to dry before I cover up things on the other side of the room. I also mixed up some bicarb and thick bleach and brushed it on to some of the grout in the bathroom. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this cleaning method works.
Off now to put the bedroom to rights.

No comments: