Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 28 April 2012

Cooking.


The day has been cold, grey and windy so I have spent my time hiding in the kitchen doing housewifely things. While Peter was out on a marathon rowing session I first made some pasta (tagliatelle) inspired by a free magazine. To go with the pasta I made a basic tomato, onion and garlic sauce and after a quick search of the freezer I found some pork which I have sliced thinly and put in a marinade ready to fry and add to the sauce. I also picked a bowl of purple sprouting broccoli to cook with the sauce. And finally to satisfy my sweet tooth I have made some chocolate and caramel shortbread. That's quite enough cooking for the moment.

Peter had a double row as the ladies' crew needed an extra member for their session. They were right out in the middle of the river when they got stranded on a sand bank. All 6 of the rowers had to jump out to push the gig off the sand bank. There were a few cyclists on the Tarka trail who were most surprised to see people walking about in the middle of the wide river.

1 comment:

Elora said...

Sounds like an ideal dinner! Love the little onion top!

Elora