Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Spring.

For me this is the true sign of spring. The first unfurling of the beech leaves. A couple of branches in the hedge have started to open their delicious lime green flags. The hawthorn trees have been greening up over the last 2 weeks but the countryside remains brown and dull until all the beech trees and hedges are clothed in green. I noticed that the trees in town have already put out their leaves but up here in the hills it is usually around the 1st May that the transformation happens.The weather today has been un-springlike, heavy showers and strong winds for most of the time. This morning I only had time to paint the cupboard that I had washed down before leaving early for a doctor's appointment. My regular GP is on sabbatical ( holiday?), so I saw a locum. I only threw one ailment at her, my sinuses have been playing up since last Sept, constant drippy nose & headaches and I was getting fed up. My GP had given me a spray but it wasn't very effective. This doctor showed me how to use it for best effect and also gave me a double dose of anti-histamines. I must say I do agree that it sounds more like a reaction rather than an infection and I had tried the anti-histamines but not enough & for long enough.

Then it was straight to school for a lunchtime staff meeting followed by teaching followed by a training session. That makes it a long afternoon. Peter has come home from work and gone out again for more rowing. At least the rain has eased up though I should think there will be some waves and strong winds to row against. I shall just sit here and watch the trees swaying in the wind.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love the beginning of spring and watching all the new growth.