Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 5 April 2012

Up And Down.

The north easterly wind was still blowing making it very cold so it was a good day to be getting on with my bedroom decorating. Today I had the jobs I hate the most, filling in all the little cracks and tidying up the wall paper. Some bits just needed sticking back but in other places it was better to take off the old paper and replace it. There was an awful lot of climbing up and down ladders and chairs and plenty of up and down the stairs as well as I was using the kitchen table as a pasting table. I was all ready to start when I found that the sachet of wall paper paste was in fact wall filler. This was a bit annoying as I could have got some on Monday. However going in to town gave me the chance to buy some more food for the birds as the feeders were getting low and I also picked up some paint charts. I love the wide range of colours there are and I am quite particular about finding exactly the right shade. I thought it was quite funny that the colour of our bedroom walls is almost exactly the same as the lining paper I was putting up. I need that pale cream colour to match the 'Country Diary' window curtains and the cream wardrobe curtains and bedding so I shan't be making any changes.The sun finally came out in the late afternoon but my decorating kept me busy until 7.00. Peter came home happily looking forward to the Easter break. He has taken some extra leave days so hopefully we should fit in some walks between all his extra rowing. This week he has been on a training course at his work and got 100% in all the written and practical tests. It was all engineering stuff including soldering and should lead to him doing some more interesting jobs instead of being stuck with gear boxes which he has been doing lately, much to his annoyance.

No comments: