Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 April 2012

A Rushed Morning.

I was quietly planning my day this morning when the phone rang - Could I come into work this afternoon? I never turn down the chance to work so I had to get on with my jobs a little faster this morning. I hadn't made up my mind what to do about the inside of my built-in wardrobe but in the end, as I knew I would, not only did I wipe everything down but it all got painted as well. I then painted the window sills and the radiator in the bathroom. There was just time to rake up the gravel that had been washed down the drive by the recent heavy rain and fetch more gravel from the stream. Somehow there never seems to be the same amount when I rake it back up and leaving ruts only accelerates the problem the next time it rains heavily. I had to laugh at myself, there I was carting gravel, peasant fashion, in a bucket inside a wheelbarrow because that's as much as I can manage while next door Paul is all mechanical with his JCB digging something out followed by a chainsaw session. I did cut back some hazel branches that were overhanging the stream but my tools were a bow saw and some secateurs. Then it was off to work for an afternoon of the children trying to draw each other's portraits.

No comments: