Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 April 2012

Chillin' In The Sun.

It has been another bright day, much nicer than yesterday. I had planned to paint some more of the wardrobe but lying in bed I noticed a few holes in the woodwork. So instead I filled those holes and then cleaned and filled all the gaps/dents in the door and frame.
Peter went off to row in the middle of the day so we didn't go out for our usual walk. By the time I was ready to go outside to relax and read the clouds had started to roll in and at times it was quite chilly. I compromised by dressing for both the cold and the sun, bare legs, flip-flops and a sun hat teamed with 2 fleeces and a body warmer. This unusual combination did the trick and I was able to enjoy the feel of the sun on my legs without getting cold. Although I was having an afternoon off I couldn't resist doing some weeding up in the scree garden, mainly of tree seedlings that were springing up all over the place. I'm going to try lots of cuttings directly into the veg plot but the forecast still says there is a possibility of frost so it is a little too early to do that.


Peter's battle with the rayburn continues, this is the longest it has ever taken but although it was alight and burning the temperature wasn't going up because somehow the burner wasn't totally level and the oil wasn't getting to all the wicks. What a stupid antiquated piece of junk it is. Actually this is a modern model but is known to be one of the hardest to maintain. (I've just been called in to look at the small spirit level balanced on top of the burner cage which shows it is not level. This is to prove that my suggestion to use a longer spirit level was useless. Oops.)

No comments: