Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 20 April 2012

I Need Sun.

It's amazing how a little sunshine can lift my spirits. I came home from school feeling quite exhausted. It hadn't been a particularily hard day but instead of teaching for 2 afternoons this week I had taught for 3 afternoons and all day today. On the way home the clouds were gathering once more and it felt quite cold. The house too was cold and the downstairs rooms had lost the sun. I sat down to upload photos but I wasn't really happy with the cloudscapes I had taken so I decided to take a quick walk around the garden as I can usually find something new to photograph. By the time I was up at the scree garden the sun had reappeared and I could feel it warming me up. I took some pictures and by then I was feeling energetic enough to do some leaf and moss clearing amongst the stones. The robin and another small bird were singing loudly, I felt as if the warmth had woken me up and I only stopped when my back starting stinging. It's a shame we have a dire forecast for the rest of the week-end. (Heavy rain, thunderstorms etc.)
Peter says when he arrived at work this morning the car park was a sheet of hailstones.

No comments: