Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Hail.

It has been very blustery today. It rained heavily in the night and all morning the wind was howling and whistling outside. When I got to school it was warm and sunny and many of the children playing on our sheltered south facing main playground, had taken off their sweatshirts. Then suddenly the rain came down once again. My children were ready to go out for a run around by the time it came to the afternoon playtime so even though it had started to rain I took them to join another class outside. Instead of having 'playground duties' each teacher decides when and if to take their class outside. By the time we walked round to the front playground the rain had turned to hail which fell, stopped, fell again, then heavier and so on. There are plenty of shelters in the playground but some children chose to stand out in the hail and get soaked. Well it was nearly hometime. Coming home the weather was still a mixture of sun and showers. In the morning I had been able to do more painting in our bedroom and dismantle and wipe down another cupboard. Once I got home after work I painted the back of the cupboard with anti-mould paint and replaced the rails and wardrobe curtains. This is a job that seems to go on and on. Now I'm wondering if I will need to paint a second coat on the room door and also if I am going to paint inside the top cupboards.

1 comment:

happyone said...

You sure had some changeable weather!!
Thanks for the book recommendation. I'll check it out.
Building permits vary a GREAT deal from one location to another over here. Since we are out in the middle of nowhere it is much easier to get permits. We don't need to for the shed but will for the cabin.