Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 26 April 2012

Bad Neville.

I can finally say that the spring cleaning of our bedroom and bathroom is DONE. Well, I might put another coat of gloss on the door in the summer and I still have to sand & varnish the window sill but that is it for the moment. Today I cleaned the windows, finished off all the awkward corners in the shower and polished the antique desk and chair with sweet smelling beeswax. This afternoon I walked over to Sarah's to ask if she and Jack would come over to feed the cats and hens when we are away. While we were having coffee in her kitchen she spotted these red deer stags on the other side of the valley. Even though the stags saw me, and Paul was chainsawing down below them they were relaxed enough to lie down for a while before going off again.
The red deer roam the moor and farmland that makes up Exmoor but this is about as far west as they come as there are no more wild or wooded areas between here and the coast.

The geese on the lake have babies but unfortunately as I walked past the lake Neville came running up with the body of one gosling in his mouth and there was another one lying dead nearby. Sarah was really cross as they had got one the other day and she had to conduct a funeral as Jack was so upset. Alice the stable girl told both the dogs off and Fred the dalmation lay shivering in his basket while Neville being a terrier ran around unconcerned. The weather is not too cold but fairly wet with no change forecast for the rest of the week.

No comments: