Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 21 April 2012

No Rain.

The expected rain did not arrive but it has been a blustery day. My plan was to make a windowsill for our bathroom. I had removed the tiles years ago but never got around to replacing them with wood. Unfortunately once I had cleaned up the window frame and made a paper template I couldn't find a piece of wood in our wood shed that was long enough to make a new sill from. So I can't finish that job yet until I buy some wood. As it was dry I spent the rest of the afternoon outside working in the scree garden digging out some of the runners of one of the ornamental grasses that was spreading too far. Peter has been battling with the rayburn again, aparently this particular model is notorious for being difficult to work on. Peter managed to speak to a certified rayburn engineer who gave him a few useful hints and if this latest attemt doesn't work we shall call this chap out. It's still quite cold so tonight we have a wood fire burning so we can watch a film in comfort.

No comments: