Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 6 April 2012

Out For A Walk.

It was a bright sunny morning today which was a good start to the official Easter break. There was a bit of a chill wind but I was still able to drink my morning coffee outside and listen to the birds. We decided to take advantage of the good weather and go for a walk at Mortehoe. Now that we have entered the tourist season the roads were very busy with cars and cyclists. The free road parking in Mortehoe continues until the middle of May and we were lucky enough to find a spot to park. I suppose most of the tourists don't read the street signs and go straight to the car park.
My knees were still painful from yesterday so we did the shorter walk around the point. I also took a hiking stick and I found it useful on the steeper sections of the path. The wind made it quite cool but on the sheltered side of the hill it felt pleasantly warm. We sat and drank our coffee to the gentle sound of the waves rippling against the rocks below us.


Not only were there a lot of families out today we were passed by a few runners and even some cyclists. I would think they have to do as much carrying as riding of their bikes along this undulating coast path.


The gorse, which flowers all year long, is coming into a spring flush of flowers and studded through the grass were delicate violets.

On the way to Morthoe we spotted another large wind turbine in a small industrial estate by the road. Last week we had thought the pylon was the tower for an incinerator but today it stood there like an alien craft looming over the buildings.

Back home I painted one wall of our bathroom with anti-mould paint and wiped down the curtain rail which I had taken down. I could do with washing the curtains but they are velvet and it would mean had washing them in the bath. And I will need a good drying day but I guess I will do it. I'll check the forecast and see what tomorrow is supposed to be like. Off I go now to put them soaking in a tepid bath.


No comments: