Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Wall Washing.

While the tv has been full of snowy scenes from 'up country', (Yorkshire and places north to be precise), we've had a day of rain with some sleet in the morning. The few times I ventured out the wind was very icy. So I had no choice but to get on with washing walls in our bedroom and bathroom. Washing mildew off textured walls, in our bathroom, was hard work indeed. I don't want to start painting until we have some warm weather but there are still a few preparation jobs to do first. I love the fact that at the bend of our stairs there is a big window overlooking the bird feeders, the stream and Ron's field beyond. Today I had to stop and watch a group of sheep playing in the goyle (North Devon dialect word for a valley or dip). They must have been youngsters because they were in a playful mood. They would huddle together with some of them twitching and bouncing, then all of a sudden they would dash off about 10 yds, wait, turn and then come running back, sometimes stopping in the goyle and running around that. The lambs, when we have them, often play king-of-the-castle on these rocks but I haven't noticed sheep being so energetic before. At first I thought there might be a dog up there causing all the commotion but no, it was just the sheep being very lively.

As a reward for today's hard work I gave in to temptation and bought this collapsible camping kettle which had caught my eye. It was a bit pricey but I love the design concept and I hadn't wanted to buy a small whistling kettle because I do like to be able to clean the inside or at least see what might have fallen in. I am anticipating that we may go on a few more camping trips, that's my justification for buying it. I don't go in for many gadgets but I am very fond of touch lamps. We have 2 as bedside lights. It's so much easier when you are half asleep, to reach out and touch the lamp rather than fumble for a switch and having different light levels is also useful. When we do move I'm tempted to have touch switches for the room lights as well.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like good work for a cold rainy day.
Must have been fun watching the sheep. Enjoyed your 'word picture' of the sheep as well as the picture.