Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 7 April 2012

A Bit Wet.

Peter went off early to row this morning so I got up and washed the curtains which I had left soaking in the bath. By the time I had finished it was raining but luckily the rain stopped and I was able to get the curtains out on the line. I had to take them down again later in the afternoon when it rained again so it may take a few days to get them dry. My other job for the day was to paint the rest of the walls in our bathroom. I love fresh white walls. I will have to give them a second coat before the job is done and then I'll make a start on painting our bedroom.
In between rain showers I have been sitting outside reading and enjoying the short bursts of sunshine. Later I walked over to the stables next door with some letters that the postman had mistakenly given to me. I had to laugh when I saw the new inhabitant of the lake. Paul told me the other day he had been to a country house sale and I presume that is where it came from. He has also got some enormous stone urns for planting flowers in. I'm jealous though you would need some form of tractor to move them.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love the water drops on the plant!