Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 23 April 2012

Chilly Day.

It has been cold and wet all day long. Not nice at all. I painted another coat of gloss on our bedroom door and this time I put on my reading glasses to make sure I got a good finish. That was a bit of an eye opener, literally. With my improved vision I could see that there were a lot of fibres and bits in each brush stroke. As I had started the job I carried on, after changing my brush - but no better. I tried to take off any 'bits' but I may have to give the door a rub down and a final coat from a fresh can of paint some time in the near future. The gloss I have got left can be used for painting outdoor woodwork.As the date for our holiday draws closer I am enjoying the planning stage. Soon I shall start making lists which I find very satisfying. Since we are limited to 2 bags each I am carefully planning the clothing I need to take. It would be lovely if we had a heat wave and all I needed were shorts, t-shirts, sun hat & sun screen but we are far more likely to have wet weather with occasional sun. I am planning a set of clothes that I can wear all at once in the worst weather and remove a layer at a time if the weather improves. To make a start I decided to get out our big, and I mean really big, holdalls to see which ones would be the best for the tent etc. I nearly went into a state of panic when I couldn't find the large army kit bag I was planning to use. I was almost at the stage of firing off e-mails to the boys demanding an immediate return of the bag when I found it at the back of an airing cupboard, where I had put it out of the boys' sight. These bags are so big you can fit a person inside or in Romas' case all the stands for a double drum kit. The folding camping chairs are still quite bulky but after many years of camping (with the Sealed Knot) I know the value of having a proper chair to sit on especially now we are both a bit creaky. Still think of all the room I am saving by having a collapsible kettle!

No comments: