Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 29 April 2012

Very Windy.

We woke this morning to hear the wind roaring through the trees. It wasn't raining too heavily but it was not a day to be working outside. We thought we would go down to the beach for a breath of fresh air and maybe some spectacular waves. However we forgot that as the wind was blowing from the north-east ie from the land, the sea would be sheltered. When we got there the wind was icy and it had started to rain properly. In April you have to pay to park on the beach road at week-ends. The fee for up to 30 mins is 40p which we felt would be enough for us but the machine would not accept my money. On closer inspection although the half-hour fee is clearly marked on the machine the minimum the machine will accept is £1 (for an hour). It makes me really cross when things are mis-advertised so we didn't pay anything at all but stayed close by on the cliff and kept an eye out for a traffic warden. I shall be ringing the council tomorrow to complain because you shouldn't show a half hour fee if people can't pay it.

I haven't felt like doing too much this afternoon but after watching 'The Piano' the other day, which I found strange but powerful, I wanted to have a go at learning the theme tune. I found and printed out the sheet music but I fear it will take me a long time to learn it. I could sight read it through very slowly but I couldn't hear the tune so it all sounded dire. I then listened to it on YouTube which gave me the tune and I have been working on the first half page of the melody trying to get the 'memory' into my hands rather than in my head. Poor Peter will have the melody running through his dreams the number of times he has had to listen to it.

Listening to news this evening there were over 140 trees down across roads in Devon alone, and that's only the reported ones. Here it has just been a lot of leaves on the road.

1 comment:

Elora said...

How clever of you to pop over to You Tube to hear the melody! Good for you! Our town meters for parking are all messed up and I never know whether we're paying today or not! Like you, we hover close by anticipating the "meter maid" (equivalent to your traffic warden). It's almost as though the meters have made themselves obsolete by being "Out of Order" constantly.

Loved your "Tweet" Ruta! ;-))

Elora