Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 April 2012

Very Wet.

Yesterday.


It has poured with rain the whole day long and it seems it is the same over the whole country. In other words, typical Bank Holiday weather. I feel so sorry for anyone who is camping or taking part in outdoor activities. Peter went out rowing this morning and came squelching home, soaked from head to toe. (/*************************** - this is Speedy's contribution to the blog. He has climbed all over the pc desk, fallen down behind the printer, fished for a glove and walked across the keyboard before being distracted by noises from the kitchen.)

I've been up in our bathroom, wiping all the shelves and cleaning the tiles and all the little awkward corners. Cleaning the grout between the tiles has been difficult and I shall try a suggestion from the net of leaving on a mixture of bleach and bicarb for 12 hours before scrubbing off. I also brought in one of the bathroom curtains and spent about an hour ironing it to help it dry. It's now draped over the Rayburn and I shall hopefully do the same with the other one tomorrow. And I got up to date with backing up my photos, that was a distraction activity before heading up to clean the bathroom.

No comments: