Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 30 April 2012

A Welcome Change.

The storm finally blew itself out in the night. The day started gloomy & grey but a lot warmer than the last few days. It was still raining a little in the morning so I pottered about getting things organised for packing. I also rang the council to complain about the parking ticket machine. When I got through to someone at the district council she told me that the ticket machines were the responsibility of the local parish council and gave me their phone number. When I phoned the parish council I was told the ticket machines were the responsibility of the district council! However a very nice lady said she would take the matter up as she also thought it wasn't right. We'll see what happens. I had a hectic afternoon in school trying to get all 26 children to write blurbs and contents pages for the books they have been making about the Solar System. Normally I have a couple of college students to help on a Monday afternoon but none of them turned up today so I certainly earned my wages this afternoon. It took me an hour after school to collate all the books as each child had written & drawn/painted/collaged 10 pages. Driving home at 6.00, after doing some shopping, it was good to be under blue skies once more. To the south the sky was fully overcast but in the other direction there were patches of bright blue with lots of fluffy clouds. It seems I had just chanced upon a corridor of good weather. The news was full of trees and power lines down and a number of flood warnings out across the country. We are due a bit more rain then hopefully it will get better towards the end of the week.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Such a pretty blue sky. I think the white clouds always adds to the beauty of a blue sky.