Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 April 2012

Easter Sunday.



My pc decided to go slow yesterday and needed some remedial work so I couldn't post in the evening. Hence this late post.

We had a good Easter Sunday. We are not attending a local church at the moment so instead I sat in bed peacefully listening to the Easter Service from Manchester Cathedral. I had my eyes closed as I listened to the service, a warm breeze blew across my face and outside the singing thrush complimented and even surpassed the music .

Having given up meat for Lent and cut back and then finally given up chocolate as well, the chocolates I had bought for Easter tasted even better than usual. I find it much easier to give up something entirely than to be moderate, I have such a lack of will power that it is very hard to have 'only a little'. Peter cooked a beautiful leg of lamb for our dinner, he marinaded it for 12 hours and then slow roasted it. It was delicious!

It was only slightly drizzling so we decided to go for a walk along the beach.

The roads down to Woolacombe and the beaches were absolutely teeming. Children and dads were merrily digging in the sand and plenty of people were out catching the waves which weren't too bad.


We went down the steps at Coombesgate and walked northwards, towards Morte Point, where it was a lot quieter. It was low tide so there were lots of interesting rock pools to examine.



There is something so pleasing in the natural forms of the rocks and the contrasting clean sand forming flowing beaches between them.


It was very convenient to walk on the smooth sand and be able to peer into waist level rock pools in the rocky outcrops. We found more of the rarer dahlia sea-anemones and some enormous strawberry anemones. This one was as big as an orange.


Looking inland we could see the clouds dropping lower right to the top of the hill from which a number of hang-gliders had been launching themselves.

Back home the rain had set in. Luckily I had been able to hang the bathroom curtains from a rope set up in the shelter by the scree garden so they could at least drip out the worst of the water. While Peter prepared the meal I put another coat of white paint on our bathroom walls. Peter had got me some paint testers and the bedroom walls are definitely magnolia, how prosaic. After our most delicious meal we watched Jurassic Park (such an enjoyable fun film) followed by Hitch Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy which we hadn't seen before. We are fans of the radio series and luckily the film did not disappoint.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like a beautiful way to spend Easter.