Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 September 2013

Breezy.

It was a really good evening yesterday. The music was provided by local musicians ranging from the Barnstaple Youth Choir and a guitar ensemble
to performances from Ben Johnson and Mike Lake including a special appearance by Kermit (don't ask). The evening was organised by one of my colleagues from school and there were a big group of my friends from work there which made the evening enjoyable. So good that we didn't leave until midnight.
As with all fund raising events there was a raffle with generous prizes. One of my tickets was drawn second so I chose this silver necklace with a hand made glass bead.
After such a late night we didn't wake up too early but when we did it was to a bright and breezy day. After finding yet another box of blackcurrants in the freezer I made a second lot of jam without any disasters.
I spent the rest of the day cutting back the trees which were spreading across the stream and garden, threatening to stab me in the eye. More importantly some of the branches are almost touching the house and they must go before they cause any damage. 
It was awkward work especially as there was a lot of spiky hawthorn to deal with but now there are only the branches from a beech tree that has reached the house, to be cut down. I don't want to cut down the whole tree so I need to get up a ladder to reach the offending limbs. That should be fun. 

No comments: