Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Windy.

It was quite cool this morning. Not weather to be wearing shorts outside. I got the 2 top pieces of wood for the mirror cut and stained. I seemed to do an awful lot of marching up and down the drive to check that the paper templates, which I was drawing up in the kitchen, were just right and then it was round to the back of the house to use the jigsaw to cut the wood. I got one coat of varnish on in the morning and then I added a second coat of when I got home. Tomorrow I can screw them on to the frame and the job will be done. 
It got a bit brighter in the afternoon so I wore a skirt (with bare legs of course), to work. I had a good afternoon at school. The server has been down since the first day of term so there are no pc's for the children to use and no internet for the main whiteboards. In my classroom there wasn't even a lap top to run the whiteboard but being ever doubtful of technology I had brought in A3 photocopies of the pictures I needed as well as the power-point on a pen drive. So it all went smoothly. 
Coming home at 4.00 it all looked rather grey again but the wind had dried off the grass so although it's not my favourite job I got out the mower and cut all the grass. 

No comments: